The Center Project Board Membership
TCP’s Board of Directors guides the day-to-day operations, program and resource management, and long-term planning of our organization. Our Mission is to provide a safe, affirming space to learn, grow, build community, and access support and resources, and Board Members are critical to the success and sustainability of our work.
TCP is committed to equitable and diverse representation in leadership. LGBTQIA+ people of color, transgender and non-binary people, transgender women, people from rural communities, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
We are looking for Board Members who are:
- Passionate about serving the LGBTQIA+ community
- Interested in increasing outreach and services to underserved segments of our community
- Committed to building strong partnerships with other social justice organizations
- Willing to learn and implement new ideas
- Able to communicate effectively with a large and diverse group of volunteers
- Committed to accountability, transparency, and collaborative work
- Dedicated to the long-term sustainability of TCP
- Energized, engaged, and ready to help!
Special Skills & Needs – 2023
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion, anti-racist work.
- Fundraising, grant writing and development.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in monthly board meetings.
- Advocate for LGBTQIA+ people and The Center Project in our community.
- Support fundraising and development efforts towards organizational sustainability.
- Provide oversight and support for the day-to-day program and resource operations of TCP.
- Attend and participate in planning TCP programming throughout the year.
- Follow established by-laws, policies, and procedures.
Time Commitment – at least 8 hours/month
- Monthly Board Meetings – First Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:30p
- Additional Projects & Activities
- Occasional Special Meetings & Board Development Activities
Interested applicants are welcome to apply at any time. The Board of Directors will review applications and vote at a monthly meeting; applicants will be notified of their status immediately following the meeting.
Board Members serve 2-year terms which coincide with our fiscal year (June – July). If a Board Member joins mid-year, they will serve the remainder of the fiscal year, and then be voted on for the start of their 2-year term at the next Annual Meeting.